Raspberry Meringue Tart is Gluten Free and has the amazing chocolate and raspberry flavour combo that makes people weak at the knees…….
I put this forward as a Love inspiration kind of a recipe.
Yes I can here you asking, inspiration what ever do you mean?
I mean it has love in it.
I am not sure if I believe in Valentines Day. I think that the true romantics among us manage to make Valentine’s Day happen on more days than just THE ONE in a year.
It’s not to say that I don’t believe in Love or Romance. It all exists. Most of us have experienced romantic love at one time or another. That dizzying, butterfly blown feeling in your stomach you think will never end. The wonder of everything they do. The new stories and discoveries. Beautiful. And still beautiful in memory too, a smell or a song or a feeling can take you back. If you are feeling that right now then take a minute to savour it. It has to be one of the ultimate experiences in life. Don’t you think?
Love, is what those butterflies turn into. It’s missing someone when you don’t see them, it is not being able to wait to get home to tell them something that happened in a day. A kind of friendship you don’t have with anyone but that person. It’s knowing someone so well that you can be sure they will like or even dislike something before you even ask.
Not all of us have that on a full time basis. Not all of us live happily ever after. The rest of us have each other. We have our children, there is no words to describe this love, our siblings, who know us better than anyone, and our friends. That’s true love, right there and should be celebrated.
This is my recipe full of real Valentine love, the enduring best kind. And for those of you that feel romantic then go ahead and make it for someone. They will be very happy because there is no better way to show love than to cook for someone <3
Raspberry Meringue Tart: Made with Love
- 200 gm rice cookies gluten free, in 1 packet- Arnotts here Aust
- 30 gm cocoa powder 3 Tablespoons
- 50 gm flaked almonds 1.8 oz
- 80 gm butter melted 2.8 oz
- 150 gm frozen raspberries left out to soften / 5.3 oz
- 2 sheets gelatine gold titanium / 1 x 10 sachet of powdered gelatin 2 teaspoons
- 100 gm sugar caster
- 100 gm butter 3.5 oz melted
- 6 yolks
- 100 ml lemon Juice
- 300 ml whipped Cream
- 60 gm egg whites or 2
- 200 gm caster sugar
- Put the biscuits and cocoa and slivered almonds into a food processor and blitz, Pour in the melted butter and mix till combined
- Press the biscuit base into a rectangular loose bottomed tin and put in the fridge to chill.
- Put the gelatine sheets into a jug of cold water and leave till just softened. Squeeze out excess water (if using powdered gelatine mix with enough water to make a paste).
- Meanwhile put the raspberries, lemon juice, sugar, and butter into a microwave proof bowl and put into the microwave
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes (1100 watts).Then take it out and give it a whisk to mix in the sugar and incorporate the butter. Add beaten eggs and whisk
- Put into the microwave and blast at 30 second intervals whisking between each time. After the second or third whisking you should notice that the mixture is quite thick or starting to get thick and is hot.
- Mix in the gelatin (paste or sheets) and whisk well. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve. Cool till room temperature. (or just chilled)
- Beat the cream and fold through the Raspberry mixture.
- Put whole raspberries onto the base of the tart in a line down the centre. Pour over the raspberry mixture and refrigerate overnight or up to 4 hours.
To Serve- The meringue will last a few hours once on the top of the tart.
- Whisk the egg whites till white and frothy. Gradually whisk in the 200 gm (1 cup) of superfine caster sugar a bit at a time till it is thick and glossy. Spread over the top of the raspberry mousse.
- Use a brulee gun to cook and brown the meringue. Serve with extra raspberries and chocolate sauce
(100 gm choclate x 100 ml of cream)
- Decorate with chocolate sauce, raspberries
Love Raspberries?. Try this Raspberry Mascarpone
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3