This Rare Roast Beef is truely amazing with smokey BBQ mushrooms and a chipotle dressing. It’s different and impressive .
I am still banging on about that Barbecue. Well barbecues are such a great way to keep the heat outside aren’t they? I have thrown so many things on there lately, it feels almost wrong . Not all of my creations have been meat based though. I have barbecued a field of vegetables as well.
This whole meal started with the mushrooms. I love mushrooms and they were the planned star of the Barbecue before I happened past this piece of fillet. Mushrooms cooked on a Barbecue have a smokey moreish flavour that is the perfect match to any barbecued meat. If you want to skip the meat then just go for the Mushroom salad. It is topped with a chipotle chilli whipped feta. Chipotle Chilli’s are smokey with prickly uniquely flavoured heat and are often found in Mexican cooking. You can buy them at delis or in Sydney at Fiji Market (Newtown) or even on a Mexican online store. You will be addicted in no time .
This salad is in my dreams. The feta adds salt and chilli to the mushrooms. What else do you need?
A large piece of fillet like this is quite easy and a very nice change from steaks and will feed 4 people easily. The sweet potatoes are a luscious silky companion, don’t skip them.
- 1.5 kg Beef fillet approx
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped oregano
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 5 gm salt
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 500 gm mushrooms button or field mushrooms ( peeled)
- 400 gm chickpeas (1 tin drained)
- 12 whole tomatoes, Cherry cherry or tear drop tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 bunch chives chopped
- 60 ml olive oil 3 Tablespoons
- 40 ml lemon Juice 2 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 20 ml olive oil extra (1 Tablespoon extra)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chilli
- 4 tablespoons plain greek unsweetened yoghurt
- 200 gm Feta (danish creamy feta)
- 1 1/2 kg sweet potatoes orange washed but not peeled
- 3 sheets foil.
- 1 sheet baking paper
- 60 ml water (3 Tablespoons)
- 5 gm salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoo oil
Here is my mushroom salad with Grilled tuna steak and using field mushrooms as well.