Mussels have got to be the quickest seafood dinner you can make. They truly are a 15 minute meal.
They are also the most flavourful and easiest seafood you can cook. They always present with an unbelievably delicious soup and that’s a fact.
I am, sitting at my computer writing up this recipe, made earlier this week, believing that I have cracked the code for a really quick delicious summer seafood extravaganza, when Jamie Oliver appears on my television in his new program, newly svelt with a side ways combed fringe. There he is on the small screen making a 15 minutes fish stew…..anchovies, garlic and tomato…..I’d like to think great minds think alike as I really respect Jamie Oliver. His fish stew looked gorgeous, but mine is just as enticing and just as quick. No cutting of fish but a hearty colourful soup based dish. Serve this with pasta, quinoa, fregola or rice……
- 1 kg mussels cleaned black
- 400 gm tomatoes canned chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small leek chopped and cleaned (or 1 small onion)
- 150 gm peas frozen (1 cup)(opt- you could use green beans, broccoli, chickpeas)
- 4 sprigs parsley flat, picked and very roughly chopped or ripped
- 4 sprigs mint same as above
- 6 anchovies I used truffled anchovies
- 60 ml olive oil 1/4 cup
- 1 chopped chilli red, optional
Try this mussel recipe too.