Banana Cheesecake Pockets could be the perfect snack!
******These Banana Cheesecake Pockets would make a great snack for kids after school.
For one reason or another there has been a multitude of bananas in my life this month. Bananas everywhere. I was dreaming up all kinds of ways to use them when I was reminded of a trip to Thailand that I once took with a friend who was so scared of chillies that he ate nothing but Banana Sandwiches in every small beachside restaurant that we went to. (it was a month long stay!). It is surprising how many variations on a banana sandwich there is, and Thai people are very creative. This is such a variation and a good one at that. They are also perfect for breakfast with lashings of maple or syrup or cinnamon sugar.
In My Kitchen this month
I have a question. how do you cook your scrambled eggs? Do you add anything to the eggs?
So tell me. When you make scrambled eggs do you add anything to the eggs? I usually don’t. I like pure unadulterated egg in mine. I cook them till they are just underdone and creamy and then serve them straight up. I know a lot of people add cream or milk and like to cook them more. Is that you?. This week I experimented with a new trick for when you want your eggs well cooked and fluffy. What if you add a couple of tablespoons of mineral or soda water to the eggs in place of cream or milk…….. makes sense that it would add a bit of fluff and air right?. Well it is true, it does. Give it a go yourself.
And now…. back to Banana Cheesecake Pockets because they are all the go around here. They are made with wholemeal tiny pita’s that you can get in a bag of 12. These will really get everyone eating well without them even knowing about it!!!!
Banana Cheesecake Pockets
- 125 gm cream cheese softened
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 small pita pockets you can use sliced brioche spread with this mixture too
- 1 whole Egg
- 250 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 ml vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup to serve
- Mash the banana and stir in the honey, cream cheese, vanilla and lemon.
- Cut a little whole in the top of each pita pocket and open out the pita by pushing your fingers inside
- Stuff each pocket with a teaspoon or two of cheesecake mixture. Set aside
- Mix the egg with the milk vanilla and a touch of sugar.
- Heat the fry pan and add some of the butter and oil. Dip each little pocket into the egg mix and pan fry on each side till golden. Continue with the remaining pita pockets and add a bit extra oil and butter if needed. Sit the pita pockets on a warmed plate while you finish cooking the others.
- Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
This In My Kitchen post is linked to Maureen: www.theorgasmicchef.com. You can join in too if you like.