These golden crunchy Turkey Wontons make great party food. Make them ahead and serve them fresh and hot with Soy and Ginger dipping sauce.
I started making these quite a while ago when I didn’t have any puff pastry to make sausage rolls. These rolls have a distinctively Asian feel to them kind of making them a cross between a sausage roll and a wonton.
They can be rolled and stored in the fridge. Later you’ll be able to cook them when you need them. I love the soy and sesame interior that has just enough garlic to make you unable to stop at one.
I have used yellow egg wonton wrappers for this recipe. They are both strong and very cheap at around $1.50 a pack. If you can’t find Turkey use Chicken mince or even Pork. Mix the flavourings through well and add breadcrumbs to soak up any excess liquid that leaks from the mince as it is cooking.
The skins brown and crisp up well making crispy little sausage like wontons that need to be served straight away. The beauty of these wonton wrappers is that the rolls can be shallow fried, turning when one side is done. They can also be coloured on all sides at once by dropping gently into a couple of centimetres of hot oil (180 C / 350 F ).
You’ll find these can be a great appetiser or party snack any old time. I really like to encourage everyone to relax and tend to have very casual gatherings, so these are perfect for me offered on a tray or platter while everyone’s having a drink.
If you make these delicious party treats why not tag me? @mykitchenstories on Insta and @MyKitchenStories1 on Facebook.
- 200 gm wonton wrappers yellow egg wontons, 1 packet
- 250 gm Turkey mince or Chicken mince
- 1 clove Black garlic mayonnaise crushed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ginger grated
- 20 ml Soy Sauce light not dark/ 1 tablespoon
- 20 ml Sesame oil /1 tablespoon
- *2 tablespoons breadcrumbs fresh or Panko
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk for sealing the wontons
- 40 ml Soy Sauce light/ 2 Tabspn
- 40 ml Sesame oil 2 Tabspn
- 40 ml lemon Juice 2 Tabspn
- 1 teaspoon chives chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
The breadcrumbs absorb the moisture of the Turkey/ chicken while cooking and prevent the
wrappers from splitting.
Some minced meats are wetter than other. Add more breadcrumbs to make a nice firm mince mix. You may need to add a little extra salt to the mixture if you add more crumbs. Just a small pinch.
If the wrappers split a little don't worry too much.