Easy delicious Baked Chicken Bites are perfect for parties and even for dinner and they are gluten free too!
Baked Chicken Bites with Sesame and Ginger
I have been working on ways to make things easier this summer. Ways to make things simpler and quicker when all you want to do is relax, or party with everyone else. Sometimes taking a short cut can help, but I have to say they have to be good quality short cuts if they are going to work for me.
I suspected you might feel the same, so when Simply Stirred approached me to put together some recipes with their sauces and marinades I thought I’d give it a go. I am fussy about this kind of thing and so is Skater so they have to pass the picky eaters test. This recipe in particular was a favourite. These are gluten free, almost entirely fat free (would that be 99%?), Baked Chicken Bites rolled in Simply Stirred Sweet Ginger and Sesame stirfry/marinade. They make a great addition to a party or with stir-fried vegetables for dinner. Skater ate his (every bit) with fried rice.
I came across these sauces years ago when I was a food buyer at Essential Ingredient in Sydney, so I already knew of them. They have been around for 6 years now so, I think they may be doing something right. The beauty of them is that you can use them as a marinade or a stirfry sauce or like I did with this recipe by rolling them in a little extra sauce once they are finished.
These little chicken balls are made from 500 gm of chicken mince. They take 15 minutes in the oven and a good 5 minutes to mix together. I can assure you they make the perfect party food too.
Just roll them in your favourite chilli sauce or marinade. A sweet chilli and sesame sauce would be perfect. I used an Aussie Simply Stirred brand sauce.
You can also make these with any other sauce you love- even sweet chilli with added sesame oil
Chicken Bites rolled in Sweet Ginger, Sesame
- 500 gm chicken mince ground chicken or turkey
- 2 stalks green onions finely sliced (or chives)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ginger finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sauce Sweet Ginger and Sesame Marinade (use any marinade sauce but make sure its a ready to use dipping sauce)
- 80 ml oil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Put the chicken mince, sliced green onion or chives, salt, lime zest, ginger, garlic and sauce (Simply Stirred Sweet Ginger Sesame marinade) into a bowl and mix with your hands well to combined. Wash hands before rolling the meatballs.
- Set up the baking tray and a plate with sesame seeds poured onto it. The meatballs roll much better if you have damp hands. Wash off any excess chicken sticking to your hands before rolling more balls.
- The mixture will roll approximately 20 balls. Once rolled put a few at a time onto the plate and roll in the seeds before transferring to the baking tray. Splash the balls with oil and bake for 10 minutes. (Test 1 by looking inside to make sure they are cooked. They will be white all the way through)
- Pour a cup of marinade or sauce into a clean bowl and roll the cooked chicken in the sauce before serving. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
- Discard any left over sesame seeds after rolling raw chicken balls.