OMG Pizza Dip!. This Dip is for all occasions, it never fails to get rave reviews. Move over hummus because Pizza Dip is here.
I am telling you now, no matter who you are you need this Irresistible Pizza Dip.
It is the quickest crowd pleaser I know. A bowl of hot cheesy dip will hold off the hordes at a barbecue or dinner alike. It’s very easy and it will pretty much work with any set of ingredients.
It’s party time. Plonk in the middle of the table and let them sort themselves out while you get on with more important things (a glass of wine perhaps?)
Pizza dip itself is gluten free. So suit yourself what you serve it with. It could be gluten free or just everyday crackers. Try it with actual pizza base dippers.
BUT it is truly delicious with toasted flat bread- Lebanese, Greek you take your pick. (you could toast gluten free flat bread too). Just cut into triangular shapes, toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake on a flat baking sheet at 180C /350 F till golden- that’s around 15 minutes.
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small capsicum chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped dried oregano
- 700 ml tomato passata (or your favourite pizza sauce)
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 sticks cabanossi
- 100 gm hot salami sliced
- 250 gm cream cheese softened
- 250 gm ricotta cheese
- 125 ml milk
- 50 gm Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 50 gm cheddar grated
- Oven preheated to 180 C /350 F Heat a large fry pan or shallow sided pot. Add olive oil onions, 1 stick of sliced cabanosi and capsicum and saute on low till starting to soften. Add the herbs, and the garlic and cook till fragrant and softened.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer on low till reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper (add pre-made pizza sauce if you prefer) and pour into an oven proof dish you can serve in. Set aside
- Mix the ricotta and cream cheese till combined then gradually mix in the milk till smooth
- Start to spread the cream cheese over the top and ( it isn't a runny mix) push it with a spoon to the edges. It doesn't matter if some of the tomato sauce peeks through. Sprinkle the grated cheeses over the cream cheese mixture
- Cut the other stick of cabanosi into thin circles and slice the salami in to strips or quarters, (this way it is easier to eat) and arrange on the top.
- Bake in a very hot oven for 15 minutes.
- I finish mine under the grill so that the top gets melted nicely and the salami is a bit crispy. Once it is bubbly and starting to colour, turn off the grill.
- Let the dip sit for several minutes to cool slightly before feeding to the hungry hordes
Here’s another Easy Cheats Pizza : Pizza Meatball Dip