Gluten Free Pancakes Banana Strawberries are perfect everytime. This simple recipe makes just enough pancakes for two. I’ve added Chilli pancetta and Maple syrup to spice it. Don’t ever get bored at breakfast time!
I’ve made these Gluten Free Banana Pancakes quite a few times this month for some of the special people in my life that can’t eat gluten, but also because I have fallen in love with them too. They are quick and easy and they use up those bananas hanging out in the fruit bowl.
You can eat them as is or add your favourite things.
I love pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. This is kind of a twist on that. Chilli Pancetta and a maple syrup sauce filled with softened strawberries. Sounds good doesn’t it?
I can assure you it is.
All you need to do is to multiple this mix by the amount of people you would like to feed. The mix makes about two good sized pancakes.
….here’s the recipe for my Gluten Free Banana Pancakes with Maple Strawberries and Chilli Pancetta
- 1 whole banana small ripe
- 1 whole Egg
- 40 gm gluten free self raising flour I used Aldi it's got extra lift. if you are using another brand add 1/2 baking powder
- 5 gm sugar 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla paste
- 15 gm butter
- 100 gm strawberries 4 large cut 1/2
- 40 ml maple syrup 2 Tablespoons
- 100 gm chilli pancetta
- 1 whole extra banana to serve
- Mash the banana with a fork in a small bowl. Add the egg and mix well with a fork till combined. Add the vanilla if using and the sugar.
- Mix well then add the Gluten Free flour and stir in.
- Put the strawberries and maple syrup in a small pot or a microwave safe jug. Heat till the syrup is hot and the strawberries just sart to soften.
- Cook the pancetta in a frypan with a little oil and set aside.
- Add the butter to a clean preheated frypan and spoon in 1/2 of the pancake mix. Cook till browned and then flip over.
- The pancakes will take slightly longer to cook so turn the heat down a little. They will be fluffy and cooked through. Continue with the other half.
- Serve with a little extra maple syrup, strawberries, pancetta and extra banana.
In My Kitchen is hosted each month by www.figjamandlimecordial.com. Drop Celia a line if you’d like to join in…………SORRY NO LONGER ACTIVE