This totally gorgeous tea cake is filled with golden raisins and served with berry butter. Totally high tea.
Tea , if only more cafes and restaurants had great tea. How many times have you been to a restaurant/ cafe and they bring you tea in a lovely looking tea pot with a teabag hanging out the top. Coffee has become an obsession for many. So its time for every cafe to also have good tea!.
I recently met a Singing Teacher and a Fire Fighter, two people who have made this their mission . The Rabbit Hole Tea Bar was born as an on line business and has picked up a good deal of momentum in cafes and restaurants. The business is growing with every satisfied sip of perfumed well brewed tea. On line, anyone, anywhere can buy and enjoy.
“Teabags may be marginally more convenient but what you gain in convenience, you lose in flavour. Nothing compares to tea brewed from full loose leaf, but teabags only have room for the small broken bits left over after the tasty whole leaves have been sifted out.
What’s more, the health and safety of consuming brewed petrochemical based nylon teabags (so-called “silk”) or other teabag materials is questionable and we don’t like to take those kinds of chances with our health or yours. Oh and in case you’re wondering, the carbon footprint of drinking loose leaf tea is substantially lower than drinking teabags. Another reason to un-bag your brew. ” -The Rabbit Hole.
Visit the beautifully designed website for more information on Tea and also which Cafes ( in Sydney and further afield) serve Rabbit Hole Tea…….and how anyone can buy it online……….or how your favoutrite cafe can also serve beautiful Rabbit Hole Tea.
I have brewed a Berry Bomb tea to make my Berry Tea cake.You can use any flavour tea you like for this delicious fruity loaf.
“Be the envy of your fellow commuters with freshly brewed loose leaf tea on the go. This environmentally friendly choice is BPA free and can be filled with the loose leaf tea of your choice, brewed to your exact taste and then plunged for the perfect cuppa.” – The Rabbit Hole
Cake made with Tea
The berry flavoured tea soaked into the big fat golden raisins and created the most exceptionally flavoured cake. I slathered it with unsalted butter mixed with a spoon of powdered sugar and some frozen raspberries
Berry Tea cake with golden raisins
- 300 ml boiling water 1 1/4 cups
- 1 Tablespoon Berry Bomb Rabbit Hole tea
- 120 gm butter chopped
- 350 gm golden raisins 3/4 pound
- 100 gm brown sugar a little under 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225 gm flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 while eggs beaten
- Berry butter
- 125 gm softened butter 1 stick
- 2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1- 2 Tablsp frozen raspberries defrosted
- Brew the tea for 10 minutes to extract the maximum flavour
- Strain the tea into a saucepan with butter, sugar , raisins and bicarb. Melt on low, stirring until the butter and sugar has dissolved. Stand till cooled. Mix in eggs, flour and baking powder, until combined . Pour into a loaf tin or a round tube tin and bake at 180C
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested
- Mix the ingredients together and serve