These Banana Peanut Butter cookies are probably the easiest thing you will ever make. Yes I know that scooping the peanut butter from the jar and eating it from a spoon is even easier but…..this is the next best thing.
I love peanut butter without reservation. The crunchier it is the more I love it. It’s quite often better I don’t have a jar of it around the house because I can eat it by the spoonful.
Are you a fan? If you are you will love these cookies.
Banana Peanut Butter Cookies. Cook them till dark golden and they will be crispy and so good.
I was reminded I used to make them all the time when I saw a post with a very similar recipe to this on Recipe Tin Eats. My recipe has banana in it. It’s a poor attempt at making me feel like these are a health food. They aren’t. Sugar and peanut butter are pretty much the majority of the 4 ingredients it takes to make them. On the positive side they have banana…… (see I told you it was a good recipe).
So I can hear you asking me…..why would I make these?. That is simple. They are gluten free and you can stir them together in 10 minutes. They’re a fun thing to make with kids because there really isn’t anything much you can do wrong. All you need is a bowl and a fork.
AND they are delicious, so peanut buttery.
STOP it someone take them away.
I make mine with the crunchiest peanut butter I can find. You could make them with other nut butters too (just not the ones from the supermarket as they don’t have much actual nut in them)
Give them a try.
Banana Peanut Butter Cookies
- 110 gram caster sugar 3/4 cup
- 375 gram peanut butter, crunchy 1 1/2 cups
- 1 whole Egg 70 gm/ large
- 80 gm banana 1 small
- Put the sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the banana and squash it into the sugar till there are no lumps
- Add the peanut butter and egg and mix till combined
- Using two dessert spoons put even sized blobs onto two trays ( about a heaped 1/2 desserts spoon) The mixture will make 24 even sized cookies.
- To shape the cookies you will need to get a fork and a cup of water. Dip the fork into the cup to stop the mixture sticking. Press onto each cookie flattening a little and shaping dipping the fork each time.
- You'll get the hang f it in no time.
- Bake for 18 minutes / 15 for fan forced or till lightly golden at 180C / 350 F Put the tray on a rack and leave till the cookies have completely cooled. these cookies are very soft and bendy when warm.