This jug of sunshine is the best medicine for a summers day. A jug of the Orange Vodka Soda Splash is the perfect party starter.
Last year when I was in Warwick New York we had copious jugs of sunny drinks like this. It was such a great summer thing to do and started off every BBQ. They really know how to make a jug of drinks over there. So now that’s what I like doing each time I invite people over.
This Orange Vodka Soda Splash is an easy way to welcome people . It doesn’t have to be extra strong it’s just a sunny start. I recently started making my own sparkling water in my SodaStream and that just makes endless summer sparklers very easy.
You could try any combination of drinks at all. Gin, a bit of rum or white rum or you could just make a jug of delicious sparkling water with fruit syrup flavouring. Making fruit syrup is easy and you can keep it in a container in the fridge.
Summer is going to be one long sparkling time here this year. Get the recipe below and watch the video to see how easy it is.
Orange Vodka Soda Splash!
- 250 gm sugar
- 250 ml and 2 teaspoons of orange juice 1-2 oranges freshly squeezed
For the extra delicious rest
- 250 ml vodka
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 100 ml orange liqueur
- 500 ml soda to top up you'll need about 500 ml- I used my SodaStream
- 4 whole strawberries 1/2 an orange sliced, 2 sprigs of mint
- 1/2 orange sliced
- 2 sprigs mint
- Cut the fruit and put into a large jug with the crushed ice. (Crushed ice makes ALL the difference. Crush the ice by putting it in a zip lock - sealed plastic bag, and hitting it with a rolling pin)
- Add the orange liqueur, vodka and cooled orange syrup then top up with soda.
- Then give everyone a little glass. Cheers
I was sent a SodaStream to try. I’ve always wondered what they are like. I have a jug for filtered water in my fridge and now I have filtered sparkling water on tap. I’ve also realised I have less to carry home from the supermarket and less to throw out. Endless Summer, I am ready.