This is the ultimate in Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches. If I made these for you, you would have no idea they were Vegan. That’s just the way I like it! Collect the recipes for Chocolate Ice Cream and Vegan Peanut Butter cookies and then put them all together for these amazing sandwiches.
I was pretty pleased when I made these Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches and added them on the menu at Sidecar Restaurant. You see, although they are completely Vegan no one really knew; and that is the whole idea for me.
I don’t just want to make Vegan food for the menu I want to make Vegan food that everyone is pleased to eat even if they have preconceived ideas about it and are a bit resistant.
These Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect.
How do you make Ice Cream Sandwiches so the biscuits are crunchy and easy to cut?
Well that’s easy.
Make the ice cream and store as slices in the freezer. Then, make the cookies and store ready to use. When dessert time rolls around bring out the slices of ice cream and sandwich between fresh crunchy biscuits for the perfect dessert.
This sandwich is so very good drizzled with caramel sauce. The version pictured below is Vegan of course. You may also notice in the video below that I sprinkle the dessert with a “powder ” of peanut butter.
Come back next couple of posts to learn how to make peanut butter “powder” and Caramel Sauce
You can be a gastro molecular whizz at home. Come back to get the low down on how easy it is. My next couple of posts will run you through the process.
This post is linked for Veganuary! To see more awesome Vegan recipes just look here
- Vegan BLT’s with Tempeh Bacon by The Baking Fairy
- 7 Spice Shiitake Mushroom Soup by PlantCrush
- Breakfast Cookies by Cook with 5 Kids
- Cranberry Coffee Cake by This Wife Cooks
- Creamy Vegan Spiced Carrot Soup by Chickpea & Herb
- Easy Vegan Mac & Cheese with Broccoli by Simple And Savory
- Favorite Pumpkin Quinoa Waffles with Pecans by Melissa Traub
- Hara Bara Kebab by FoodTrails25
- Instant Pot Dal Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins by Return to the Kitchen
- Roasted Banana Almond Butter Breakfast Cookies by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Potato Patties by Flavours Treat
- Tofu Benedict with Hemp Hollandaise by Upbeet Kitchen
- Vegan Chickpea Shawarma in the Air Fryer by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls (Tangzhong Method) by The Urben Life
- Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Muffins by Messy Vegan Baker
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 500 gm coconut cream I use Kara a lightly thickened stabilised coconut cream, 2 x US cups
- 20 gm caster sugar aaprox. 1 tablespoon
- 60 gm cocoa powder dark rich powder or raw cacao if you like the flavour, 2.10 oz
- 150 gm dark chocolate I use dairy free vegan chocolate, 5.3 oz
- 100 ml chickpea water 1/2 US cup
- 100 gm caster sugar 1/2 US cup /4oz
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 115 gm Nutalex or other butter substitute
- 200 gm caster sugar 7.05oz
- 250 gm peanut butter, crunchy 8.5 oz
- 190 gm plain flour 7 oz
- 2 tablesooons apple sauce unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Chocolate Ice Cream
- First step is to make the ice cream slices. There is a full recipe with video and hints on the chocolate ice cream post. Link below. Put the coconut cream, sugar, chocolate and cocoa in a pot and gently melt. Cool in the fridge till cold. Beat the chickpea water, cream of tartar and the 100 gm caster sugar together till it forms a stiff white meringueFold this through the chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Line a mould with baking paper or plastic- I used a date roll tin. Fill the moulds with the ice cream mixture and cover well. Freeze over night or up to 4 hours till firm. Slip out of the mould (see video) and cut into slices. If saving for sandwiches wrap each slice individually and re-freeze.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- The full recipe instructions and video are in the post Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies Set the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Beat the butter and sugar till combined and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and the apple puree (sauce). Mix till combined. Roll balls about the size of a walnut or 30 gm (1 oz) each. Put onto a lined tray spaced well as they spread when cooking. Bake for around 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a rack ( they are soft to begin with) and store in an airtight box in the fridge. They will last for weeks in the fridge.
Making the Sandwiches.
- When you want to serve the sandwiches. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and unwrap each slice. Place between two biscuits and serve with caramel sauce and peanut butter dust .