A wonderful dressing can make the world of difference. This is a truly magical Dressing Jalapeno, lime, coriander it will put spark into anything you make.
This is a lovely spicy dressing that will go with tacos of course but it will also go with leafy greens, chicken salads, potato, and everything else in between.
So how about we get started on some dressings?
- The ingredients you use, will make or break the taste of your dressing. Most of us know that a good olive oil is worth it’s weight in gold. But did you ever think about the vinegar you use?. There is vinegar and then there is vinegar. Don’t just go into the supermarket and grab one from the shelf, go to a good store and choose a white wine vinegar or a sherry vinegar or a good balsamic. It will definitely cost you a bit more but you will NOT regret it. Keep it in the fridge because a good wine vinegar will oxidise just like wine. There are industrial vinegars just like there are other mass produced ingredients. Some companies take years to make a vinegar and others take days.
- Get yourself a clean jar with a lid to make your dressing in. Shaking your ingredients together will emulsify them and help all the ingredients meld together seamlessly. You can also keep any leftover dressing in the jar and just get another one for any subsequent dressings you make
- A dressing should not be so acidic it hurts your mouth, so make sure you balance the acid with oil, herbs, spices and sweetness. Again, a good vinegar will not produce a painful burn, it will impart some flavour.
Want more salad dressings?. Here are 6 dressings that will change everything.
Dressing Jalapeno, lime, coriander
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves roots and stems well washed and chopped very finely
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos very finely chopped
- 60 ml lime juice 2 limes- 1/4 cup
- 60 ml orange juice fresh squeezed 1/4 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Put all of the ingredients into a jar and shake together.
- Add more salt or sugar if needed.
- Makes approximately 1 cup
- Double if needed