This truly deep rich chocolate sauce literally takes 5 minutes to make. There is no excuse for not having this in the fridge at all times
How to make chocolate sauce in 5 minutes
This really is a recipe to keep making.
You can make dark rich chocolate sauce in 5 minutes? Yes, you can and it goes perfectly with 10 minute chocolate cake. In fact, this sauce goes with ice cream, cake, pudding, pancakes, waffles, doughnuts or to dip fruit into ( well if you are that healthy)
Just 4 ingredients and snap you have Chocolate sauce in 5 minutes. A little simmering on low will result in the most amazing chocolate sauce that you can imagine.
It will keep in the fridge for weeks, plus you can make it dairy free if you like by adding a vegan butter like Nutalex.
The best thing is you can use it straight away or chill for use later on. Keep your own version of this sauce in a jar in the fridge. You don’t need even chocolate to make this sauce.
The secret to this sauce is good cocoa. Never skimp on cocoa because a good one is just like good chocolate
This sauce goes PERFECTLY with 10 minute chocolate cake. Eat them together for the ultimate late night treat!.
Try these recipes made with cocoa too!
Please rate this recipe, or leave a comment.
It’s gluten free with a vegan option and flavour variations.
Chocolate Sauce in 5 minutes
- 60 gm cocoa powder dark dutch cocoa. 1/2 cup | 2.11 oz
- 100 gm caster sugar 1/2 cup | 3.5 oz
- 20 gm butter chopped | 0.70oz
- 250 ml water 8.45oz
Making this sauce could not be easier. You will need a small saucepan.
- Put all of the ingredients into the saucepan
- Put onto a low heat and whisk the ingredients together as it melts
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let it simmer for a minute or until glossy and just starting to thicken
- Pour into a jug and serve while hot or cool and serve later
- Make the sauce in the microwave if you don’t have a cooktop. Put all of the ingredients into a microwave jug and whisk together. Set the timer for 30 seconds take out and whisk the ingredients together again. Put the sauce back into the oven and set for 1 minute. Take out and mix. Depending on the strength of your oven you will need to microwaves at 1 minute increments till the sauce reduces and thickens. This could be up to 4 minutes. The chocolate sauce will thicken a bit when chilled
- Make a chocolate peanut butter sauce. Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons peanut butter (either chunky or smooth) to the pot before starting to simmer and whisk on low. As above simmer and whisk till starting to thicken.
- You can add 2 tablespoons of coconut cream or thickened cream to add creaminess to the sauce. Cook as above and reduce till thickening
- You can add 1 teaspoon dried raspberry powder to the initial ingredients, or even 2 Tablespoons frozen raspberries
- Add a 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder for a nice chocolate chilli sauce
- Try this Milo chocolate sauce. It is much sweeter but will be fine if you don’t have cocoa. 1 cup of Milo, 1 cup of milk , 1/2 cup of sugar. Add these to the saucepan and whisk and cook till thickened.