This totally delicious Lemon Curd Mascarpone Tart came about when I had a few egg yolks left over from a cake. It’s made with thick creamy Mascarpone and lemon Curd. This Lemon Curd is from a recipe I shared a while ago made in the Microwave. It really is a game changer in the Lemon Curd stakes. I love it and anytime I have leftover egg yolks or eggs I make it. Here’s the recipe. You will need the recipe to make this Tart so just click through and print it off.
I made and chilled it overnight so it was nice and super thickened and then I folded whipped mascarpone through it. OMG. this is a totally mind blowing dessert all by itself.
I love making pastry but not everyone has the time or inclination so I tried to think of a way to make an irresistible Tart without making pastry (only for you). It’s made with a crushed biscuit base a bit like a cheesecake. I like to bake my crust in the oven just a bit to make it nice and crunchy although that’s optional.
Here’s the curd recipe again
You can make it with whole eggs too. Try this recipe here for the whole egg version
- 150 gm plain biscuits- milk arrowroot or similar
- 20 gm honey (1 Tablespoon)
- 80 gm butter, unsalted
- 300 gm firm lemon curd (1 cup)
- 250 gm mascarpone
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar ( or to taste)
- 1x passionfruit
- small tart tin with a removable bottom. 20 cm or 8 inch.
- If baking the base for crispness set the oven to 180 C / 350 F
- Put the biscuits, honey and melted butter into a food processor and blitz till fine.
- Push into the tart case forming a crust that is not too thick ( you will have half a cup of crumbs left over .You can spread it onto a tray and bake till golden and serve with fruit and icecream). Bake the crumb crust for 10-15 minutes or until it just starts to brown up a little. Refrigerate ( or freeze till cool and set)
- Mix the mascarpone icing sugar and vanilla In a medium sized bowl until incorporated, no need to mixed too much.
- Fold in the lemon curd till well mixed
- Pour into the shell and refrigerate till firm or overnight.
- This tart will remain just a little soft.
- Mix the passionfruit with the 1 tablespoon icing sugar and serve with the tart