Potatoes are the universal currency against hunger. These little Potato Bacon Lollipops make the best fill up snacking food I can think of.
Now these are good if you have ravenous teenagers.
I have a friend who doesn’t like potatoes. Straight up doesn’t like the taste or texture. If I didn’t know her very well I dont think we could be friends. I absolutely love them in all forms. Comforting filling and soooo good with bacon or butter or mashed. You get the idea.
Of course I am like a lot of people these days, I need to watch my carb intake but let’s face it, that’s what makes potato so perfect.
Potatoes and drinking go hand in hand. Tell me you have never reached for a potato chip when you are having a celebratory drink or a Friday night binge or whatever you want to call it.
You have right?
Potatoes on sticks are a no brainer at times like Christmas, birthdays and BBQ’s. Move over S’mores, we got potatoes at our campfire!.
These are for when people get a bit under the weather and you need to feed them something fun and filling without putting on a whole buffet.
Snap. Make these
Put them on the BBQ or do what I do and pop them straight into the oven. Try to find the smallest cutest potatoes you can or roast up some sweet potato till JUST done wrap in bacon and serve the same.
Just a word of warning though. Let these cool down a bit before serving. Hot + drinks=danger
Potato Bacon Lollipops #partyfood
- 12 potatoes small skin on chat potatoes
- 12 strips bacon smoked bacon or pancetta approx 250 gm
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 200 gm sour cream
- 50 ml chilli sauce sriracha or sweet chilli
- 12 wooden Skewers satay style skewers
- You can start this recipe a day or two ahead. Steam the small potatoes till just tender enough to be pieced with a sharp knife. Chill the potatoes till firm and cold.
- Lay strips of bacon on the counter. If possible make the strips long enough to reach the whole way around each potato. Secure the bacon around the potato by piecing it with a skewer right on the join.
- When you are ready to cook the lollipops. Take them out of the fridge a little while before needed ( 1 hr) so they can come to room temperature. Set the oven to 190 C / 375 F
- Rub or sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay on a baking paper lined tray. Bake till the bacon is starting to colour. This can also be done on a BBQ.
- Put sour cream in a small bowl and put several spoons of chilli sauce on top. Serve with the potatoes.