As promised, caramelised Party Pork Sliders with Pickled Carrot and those little No Knead Sweet Potato buns. Now, these make a party. Are you game?
If you saw my post yesterday you will already know how to make the unbelievably easy No knead Sweet Potato Buns. Watch the video and be amazed!!
There are lots of parties to be had in the next couple of weeks and these, my dear friends are such a great way to party. I actually have some of these little buns in the freezer right now, just because I made so many dozen of them when I was making sure the recipe is perfect. The thing is, they are going to be very handy because I’m going to stuff them full of something else, like say Prawns and Avocado or even melted Gruyere and Pastrami. A blessing in disguise.
So here are the little Caramelised Pork patties, that are going to serenade your taste buds. They have a touch of sugar that makes them brown and crisp up. They are altogether cute little things with a big lot of flavour. But yummy Pork isn’t all you need to make your sliders irresistible. What you need is some fast paced pickled carrot and if you love it like me lots of coriander. I have also added a few strips of fresh cucumber just to add crunch and freshness Simple. Give it a go.
Here’s the recipe…. and for pictures of 10 minute pickled carrot making see here…
- 500 gm Pork Mince
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 40 ml Soy Sauce
- 40 ml Sesame oil
- 40 gm peanut butter crunchy , 2 tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar fine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 sprigs coriander
- 12 slices cucumber
10 minute pickled carrot
- 80 ml rice vinegar or you can use another soft white vinegar
- 80 ml pure icing sugar dissolves very quickly
- 20 ml water
- 300 gm carrots grated or 2 carrots
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 zip lock bag
- 12 each sweet potato buns or any mini soft buns
- 150 gm Sesame Kewpie mayonnaise - Japanese mayo or home made
- To make the pickle. Put the vinegar, sugar and water into the zip lock bag and add the grated carrot and ginger and a sprinkle of salt. Zip up the bag and shake till combined. Leave for 10 minutes
- Cut the cucumbers on the side of a grater into long strips like tongues. Set aside
- Put the Pork mince (Ground Pork) into a bowl and add the ginger, garlic, soy, salt, sugar, peanut butter, sesame oil into a bowl and mix together well with your hands. Once mixed form into about 18 small patties.
- Flatten and cook them in a non stick pan or on the BBQ.
- Once they are done serve on a soft bun ( toasted if you like). Divide the pickled carrot, cucumber, coriander and sesame Kewpie mayonnaise between the buns and serve.
make the patties and store for up to two days in the fridge before using. Tips for the cucumber ribbons I use the side of my grater to do this Lebanese cucumber is best. you should get almost 12 thin strips from 1 cucumber
Get the recipe for Sweet Potato Bread and watch the Video here too.
Go to the top right hand side on the home page.