Banh Mi are one of my most loved snacks. Imagine this Banh Mi with Quail breast. Absolutely delightful!
They say it is not right to hate, but that’s just how I feel. Some technology is beyond my patience level, most especially Siri, my iphones’ personal assistant. I like my iphone. It’s my almost constant companion. ( I am not alone, I know). However, I think Apple needs to give Siri the slip.
I am almost constantly needing reminding of things, when I am on the move. No sooner am I in the car than I have to remember a handful of things that will surely leave my brain, by the time I get to the next intersection. Ingredients, dates, appointments, picking up things, dropping things off , getting to work on time….I need help. That’s just where I thought Siri would be…..there to help. Instead, she is a source of constant frustration. I find my self yelling at her, calling her names and talking back. I am not coy about swearing and if you see me in my car …yelling at the window ( phone is on a holder now)…… then I am discussing a reminder with Siri.
It’s not just the errors she makes it’s the wait time I endure while she is getting ready to take my messages for me. “I am sorry I am unable to help you at this time”. What? you mean I’m in the traffic with a dozen things on my mind and your sitting in my phone with nothing to do and you can’t help me??? Last week I asked her to remind me about 2 things. I had enormous trouble getting her to understand what I wanted and we tried several times, before she took my messages. All in all, my entire half hour journey was spent yelling at Siri and today I got those reminders. The first arrived when I was in a meeting with a difficult client, and when the reminder alarm went off , I picked up my phone and glanced to see , a terse message from Siri, that made me laugh and feel hate at the same time. It said ” Bitch”. **??. I still can’t remember what I asked her to remind me. An hour later she delivered the next reminder ” get bail for yourself” . Which was supposed to be: Email Miguel!!! I hate you Siri
Quail Bahn Mi in minutes
This Quail dish requires no technology and so, is suitable for almost any day or time, and I love it. Find boneless Quail breasts at the butcher or in some supermarkets supplied by Game Farm
- 500 gm Quail Breasts 1 packet Game Farm supply these to butchers and some supermarkets- there's usually about 14 per pack- otherwise the same amount of sliced chicken or pork fillet
- 4 white rolls - crispy light, not soft hamburger rolls! ( I popthe oven to recrisp for a couple of minutes)
- 120 ml Soy Sauce 6 Tablespoons
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 ml peanut oil or vegetable / 2 Tablespoon
- 150 gm Mayonnaise to taste- fresh or your favourite brand
- 1 whole Lebanese Cucumber cut into ribbons or strips
- 2 whole chillies long red chillies finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch coriander sprigs, washed
- 1/2 cup green onions or to taste, sliced
- 80 ml rice wine vinegar 4 tablespoons
- 80 ml pure icing sugar
- 20 ml water 1 tablespoon
- 2 whole carrots grated
- 1-2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 zip lock bag
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce extra
My Kitchen Stories worked with Game Farm to make this recipe.