This Brownie Cake Stack makes a fast cake that’s easy to decorate and eat!
I was in a hurry a few weeks ago. I needed to make a cake and I only had a couple of hours. This is an easy and very effective way to make an impressive cake. Even though I am going to give you the recipe for this brownie stack, I promise I will look the other way if you can’t bake.
Although I suggest that ALL baked goods taste better with fresh ingredients, ie, home made you could cheat here. The photos aren’t great , they were only intended for instagram but this was such a popular post I decided to share the recipe. I’ve added praline because I love it and so does everyone else. It always looks extra good on top of a cake too. I keep praline in the freezer so getting that spikey Praline goodness is easy as opening a container from the freezer. Find a recipe here.
All you need is 3 tins round or square doesn’t matter.
- 170 gm butter chopped unsalted
- 170 gm dark chocolate chopped dark I use up to 70%
- 3 whole eggs large free range
- 250 gm sugar caster (1 1/4 cups) caster
- 100 gm almond meal 1 cup
- 90 gm dark rich cocoa powder 3/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder of gluten free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( or any other flavouring coffee raspberry, peppermint)
- 100 gm dark chocolate chopped
- 150 ml cream
- a collection Flowers or other decorations usually available at cake shops or supermarkets