This is a Gorgeous Chocolate Cake with Easter Eggs, but anytime you want a simple one bowl cake, this is it!
I know that this may look a bit tricky but I promise it is quite easy. It’s all in the decorating. Make it up to 4 days ahead and keep it in the refrigerator. Simples. Easter is on the way.
This gorgeous chocolate cake recipe is one you will want to keep. It is made by plopping everything into the one bowl and mixing. It is moist and it keeps very well as a layer cake or with a simple chocolate icing.
Once you have made the buttercream you just need to decide if you would like to keep it white or colour it and then decorate with lots of Easter eggs and sprinkles. Once completed refrigerate to set. Remember less is more. To make the perfect buttercream beat room temperature ingredients till light and fluffy. Use on your cake straight away and then chill once assembled.
Start with a smooth base of any colour you like and work from there. Once it is chilled it is easy to move it to a nice cake plate. Don’t serve it straight from the fridge though. Bring it to room temperature so it is nice and soft
- 450 gm plain flour 3 cups
- 600 gm caster sugar 3 cups
- 90 gm dark cocoa powder 3/4 cup
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125 ml oil 1/2 cup
- 400 ml buttermilk 1 1/4 cups
- 4 large eggs
- 500 gm butter - unsalted softened
- 250 gm cream cheese softened
- 200 gm white chocolate melted
- 300 gm icing sugar
- 1 cup of strawberry jam
- 60 ml lemon Juice 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Colours : I used yellow x 3 shades of paste and pink for the middle..
- 2 packets eggs mixed colours
Or decorate it like this! This is the same cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate ganache