Thanks to everyone for your emails and best wishes. A melt down can be very unattractive. You have all helped to encourage me to smile. I truly appreciate your comments. There’ll be no stories today, we will be swinging straight into cheese. I am going to give back to you with this idea.
I saw it first on Pinterest. It’s definitely not the sort of cheese plate you may first think of serving, however it is very handy because you probably have these ingredients.
This is a fairly loose recipe but I’ll give you a run down on how to, and then you should take it to where ever you like. This after all, is the point because it’s an idea for serving something delicious at very short notice. It’s an idea thats supposed to make you look like a brilliant effortless entertainer. Then while you are throwing together a quick main course you can leave them nibbling on this cheese plate thingy…just add crackers….or toasted Lebanese bread chips. Have I ever told you how to make them.?…we must do that.
One thing I do advise though is that you use a very creamy piece of Danish feta. If you found there was suddenly a Feta strike in your supermarket you could use a fresh ricotta.
- 50 gm red onion very finely diced
- 60 ml lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Chopped chilli
- 1 whole tomato small, very finely diced
- 1 small long red pepper 1/2 a red capsicumvery finely diced
- 100 gm black olives with or without seeds
- 125 ml olive oil a strong punchy one
- 1 /2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup Chopped soft herbs- parsley, basil, fennel tops
- A grind or two of pepper
- 250 gm Danish feta The nice creamy kind