Dressings Tahini Lemon Miso Dressing should be in everyone’s recipe repertoire. It’s nutty lemon comfort food that goes with just about anything.
Creamy Tahini, Miso Lemon Dressing
What could be better than a creamy tahini dressing?. One with Miso of course. The Miso gives it the lovely savoury taste and it is gorgeous with brown rice, barley, farro or quinoa. It is perfect with greens, roasted vegetables and even beef or chicken. Chickpeas ( my favourites) are the best with this dressing.
So how about we get started on some dressings?
Can I be a bit bossy?. If you don’t like it then just skip this part.
- The ingredients you use, will make or break the taste of your dressing. Most of us know that a good olive oil is worth it’s weight in gold. But did you ever think about the vinegar you use?. There is vinegar and then there is vinegar. Don’t just go into the supermarket and grab one from the shelf, go to a good store and choose a white wine vinegar or a sherry vinegar or a good balsamic. It will definitely cost you a bit more but you will NOT regret it. Keep it in the fridge because a good wine vinegar will oxidise just like wine. There are industrial vinegars just like there are other mass produced ingredients. Some companies take years to make a vinegar and others take days.
- Get yourself a clean jar with a lid to make your dressing in. Shaking your ingredients together will emulsify them and help all the ingredients meld together seamlessly. You can also keep any leftover dressing in the jar and just get another one for any subsequent dressings you make
- A dressing should not be so acidic it hurts your mouth, so make sure you balance the acid with oil, herbs, spices and sweetness. Again, a good vinegar will not produce a painful burn, it will impart some flavour. (OK enough already alright… )
Look for more great dressings HERE
Tahini Lemon Miso Dressing #classic
- 40 gram White Miso paste (2 tablespoon)
- 80 gram Tahini 4 tablespoon
- 120 ml lemon Juice 1/2 cup
- 120 ml olive oil 1/2 cup
- 40 ml water 2 Tablespoon
- 1 clove garlic cut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Put the tahini, water and miso in the jar and shake very well.
- Add the lemon juice, oil garlic salt and cumin and shake very well till combined.
- Taste and add more salt or cumin if you like.