This Carrot and Pineapple cake, is as easy as mixing all the ingredients together. Its so easy . I like to top mine with cream cheese icing
This is the sort of cake you can make without a mixer, on the spur of the moment when its somebodies birthday tomorrow, when your kid forgot to tell you about the cake stall or when another more glamorous cake fails you. All you need is a can of pineapple and some other grated vegetable. It uses oil and sugar and a few nuts if you want.
This kind of cake becomes a favourite. it is nice and soft and moist and takes no skills at all to make. That I can sure you. Its really nice just as it is but I am a total sucker for cream cheese icing. Icing made of cheese works best with a cake that is not too sweet. Its a classic carrot cake style cake, but made with oil and pineapple for extra soft long lasting properties.
Make it round or square or even as a slab cake.
This is totally, completely a keeper.
Even if you are not a pineapple lover this will still be a favourite. It doesn’t have the slightest pineapple taste.
To make it easy and avoid any extra stirring mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together too. Then mix all the ingredients including the carrot
Decorate with anything you like, lollies, fruit sparkles it’s up to you. I’ve made an Easter cake below.
Carrot and Pineapple Cake
- 300 gram flour 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 whole eggs
- 200 ml vegetable oil 3/4 cup
- 240 gm carrot grated | 2 cups or use another vegetable- zucchini
- 400 gram crushed pineapple in natural juice - 1 can
- 180 gram brown sugar 1 cup
- 100 gram caster sugar
- 50 gram walnuts, chopped 1/2 cup
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 gram butter unsalted
- 250 gram cream cheese
- 220 gram pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Oven 180 C/ 350 F Sift the flour, bi carb, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl combine beaten eggs, oil, pineapple, carrot and sugar
- Mix both together and add walnuts.
- Pour into tin and back for 60- 90 min, This is a dense cake that cooks long and slow. After 1 hour test regularly with a skewer
- Cool completely
- Icing: Beat the butter and cream cheese with vanilla till creamed and light. Add sifted icing sugar and beat till white and fluffy. Add the sieved icing sugar and beat till fluffy and light.