Carrot and Pineapple Cake
This is a moist delicious cake you can whip up without a mixer.
Servings: 8 -10
- 300 gram flour 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 whole eggs
- 200 ml vegetable oil 3/4 cup
- 240 gm carrot grated | 2 cups or use another vegetable- zucchini
- 400 gram crushed pineapple in natural juice - 1 can
- 180 gram brown sugar 1 cup
- 100 gram caster sugar
- 50 gram walnuts, chopped 1/2 cup
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 gram butter unsalted
- 250 gram cream cheese
- 220 gram pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Oven 180 C/ 350 F
Sift the flour, bi carb, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
In another bowl combine beaten eggs, oil, pineapple, carrot and sugar
Mix both together and add walnuts.
Pour into tin and back for 60- 90 min, This is a dense cake that cooks long and slow. After 1 hour test regularly with a skewer
Icing: Beat the butter and cream cheese with vanilla till creamed and light. Add sifted icing sugar and beat till white and fluffy. Add the sieved icing sugar and beat till fluffy and light.