Prawn Salad with Bacon Avocado, Jalapeno dressing
Fresh and quick to make for an entree for 4 or as a lunch for 2.
- 500 gram prawns large ( approx 12) peeled
- 1 clove garlic small
- 1 whole lime zest
- 40 ml olive oil 2 tablespoons
- 200 gm bacon, rashes
- 1 tomato very ripe, cut into cubes
- 1/4 bunch chives chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves torn
- 200 gm lettuce, washed, Coz or iceberg
- 1 whole Avocado
- 50 gm yoghurt 1/4 cup, Greek
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 60 ml lime juice 3 tablespoons
- 6 slices jalapenos but it's best to serve them with the salad
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons fried shallots Asian section of the supermarket
Put the prawns in a bowl with crushed garlic, lime zest and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Heat a large nonstick frypan add 40 ml oil and add the bacon. Fry till he bacon starts to cook, softening and smelling fragrant. Then add the prawns tossing for 5 to 8 minutes or until they are pink. The bacon will be more coloured and the prawns just cooked,
Pour into a bowl, add the chopped tomato.
Wash and separate the cos lettuce, mint leaves and chopped chives.
Toss the salad together. You can add a squeeze more lemon or lime and another tablespoon of olive oil salt and pepper and toss through as well. I like a very well dressed salad. Add 4 slices of Jalapeno. Place onto a serving dish or individual dishes.
Avocado Jalapeno cream
Put the peeled deseeded avocado into a blender (best) or food processor. Add the 3 Tablespoons of lime juice, a pinch of salt, yoghurt, dijon & 2 slices Jalepenos and blitz till very smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning .ie: is it salty enough, does it taste nice and limey?
Serve this on top of the salad sprinkled with fried shallots for crunch.