I love Farro. Its also known as spelt and is a strain of wheat that is digested more easily than others. You could substitute Barley in this recipe but Farro is such a lovely flavour.
This salad was perfect with a slow roast lamb. The leg was smothered in spices and Harrissa and roasted for 3 hours.
- 200 gm Farro cooked (1 cup)
- 100 gm carrot grated (1/2 cup)
- 1 whole diced tomato seeds and all
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1 stalk celery
- 400 gm tomatoes peeled canned
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar (caramelized or a good aged one)
- 40 ml olive oil 2 tablespoons
- 20 ml lemon Juice 1 tblsp
- 5 gm salt and pepper
If you read My Kitchen Stories , why not let me know on Facebook here