Use up those left over Marshmallows with this easy Chocolate, Orange, Marshmallow Tart with Amaretti biscuits.
Yum Marshmallow Tart. So easy
With lots of Marshmallows still hanging around after making tiny teacups, I found the perfect solution. Not only is this tart easy to make, it is an ideal dessert that can be made a day or two before you need it. To be honest, I was also trying to find a full proof dessert for my sister, who is dessertmentally challenged when entertaining.
This tart was adapted from a recipe by Valli Little. I have doubled the gold stars by also making it with gluten free amaretti biscuits (the crunchy sugary kind), but that’s your choice.
The base is crunchy and takes no skill at all. Yay!
This is so easy you will really enjoy making it. Just give yourself enough time for setting in the fridge and you will have a very stylish dessert on your hands. I on the other hand used up all the marshmallows I had and feel very happy with myself!
- 300 gm Amaretti biscuits traditional or gluten free the crunchy sugary kind
- 120 gm butter melted unsalted
- 250 ml milk 1 Aust cup
- 200 gm marshmallows white
- 40 ml instant coffee 2 tablespoons
- 40 ml Cointreau liqueur 2 tablespoons
- 10 gm orange zest very fine ,
- 150 ml cream thickened
- 150 gm dark chocolate (not milk chocolate its too sweet)
- 50 gm dark chocolate
- 50 gm almonds toasted slivered
You can make this tart vegan by replacing the butter with Vegan butter, the milk with non dairy milk and the cream with coconut cream. Use a non dairy chocolate to drizzle over the top.