Parmesan Cabbage Salad with Pinenuts and Basil
This is so good. Once you have mastered shaving the cabbage the rest is down hill. You will be rewarded with a Parmesan flavoured hit of freshness and crunch that should be eaten as soon as it is dressed.
- 600 gm White cabbage 1/2 a small (the firm white variety minus the outside leafy greens
- 100 gm Parmesan cheese very finely grated. Add a bit of shaved if you want to garnish the top. Make sure you use fresh grated ITALIAN Grana
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped flat leaf
- 1/2 cup basil leaves torn
- 1/2 in red onion washedsome warm water to get rid of the acidity
- 2 radishes finely sliced
- 100 gm pine nuts toasted ( or hazelnuts if you can't get pinenuts)
- 40 ml white wine vinegar 2 Tablespoons
- 80 ml olive oil 4 Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Start with a large bowl. Add the finely shredded cabbage, radish, washed onion, parsley and basil
Mix the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well.
Put the parmesan, salt and nuts into the bowl and toss with the dressing.
The salad will start to soften a little as it is dressed.
Garnish with extra parmesan, herbs and nuts if you like.