Roast Cauliflower,Walnuts and Pomegranate
Easy to make and easier to eat it is packed full of roasted nuts and crunchy pomegranate.
- 1 kg cauliflower w whole
- 150 gm gm roasted walnuts 1 cup
- 1/2 pomegranate seeds tapped out of the fruit shell
- 60 ml olive oil 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 roughly chopped flat parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander stalks and leaves
- 40 ml pomegranate molasses 2 tablespoons
- 40 ml Orange juice (around 1/2 an orange 2 tablespoons )
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- up to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup this is for the caramel taste and the minimum sweetness
Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F
Put the cumin, smoked paprika and salt into a bowl with 1/2 of the olive oil.
Chop the cauliflower into small flowerettes using the core if you like that. Toss the cauliflower in the spice mix and place onto a lined tray and roast until tender and browning around the edges.
Meanwhile prepare the nuts and chop roughly. Clean and chop the parsley, coriander and mint. Cut the Pomegranate in half and tap with a knife to remove the seeds. Put all of these together in a bowl.
To make the dressing put all of the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake well. taste for salt.
When the cauliflower is ready chop roughly. Toss with the other salad ingredients and dress with the dressing. Serve with extra coriander leaves.