Cauliflower Macadamia Soup with Lemon
This easy delicious soup is based on a recipe that Colin Fassinage prepared
- 1 kg Cauliflower Flowerettes, 1 large cauli
- 150 gm onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 60 ml Macadamia oil or butter if preferred
- 250 ml cream - I used thickened cream
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 150 gm Macadamias chopped
- 60 ml lemon Juice
- 1 whole lemon zest
- 5 gm salt and pepper
- 4 pieces Pancetta grilled till crisp chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chives chopped
- 6 macadamias chopped
Using a medium large pot add the Macadamia oil and warm . Add the onion, garlic, lemon zest and soften. Add the cauliflower, Macadamias, stock and cream.
Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down and simmer till tender ( approx 20min). Add the lemon juice and puree with a stick blender ( I used my Vitamix for a very smooth finish).
Test the soup and add salt.
Chop up pancetta, nuts and chives and serve on top of the soup