Rye and Sultana Soda Bread Mini
If you don't have rye flour use a wholemeal flour. Do not overmix the batter, mix only enough to combine. This recipe uses Australian cup measurements
- 225 gm plain flour 1 1/2 cups
- 100 gm Rye Flour 3/4 cup, Kialla is great
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bi carbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 70 gm caster sugar 1/3 cup
- 1 cup of sultanas
- 1 Egg
- 250 ml buttermilk 1 cup
- 75 gm melted butter 6 Tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons of raw or large crystal sugar for decorating
Set the oven to 180C or 350F. Spray or grease a 6 hole muffin tin or small sized loaf tin
Put the flour, bi carb, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a bowl and mix well.
Then mix in the sugar and the fruit.
Mix the egg, vanilla and buttermilk well then add the cooled melted butter, mix quickly then pour over the dry ingredients
Mix only long enough to combine the dry ingredients and the wet.
Fill the muffin holes to 3/4 full and sprinkle with sugar before baking for 20-25 minutes