Warm Zucchini, Barley, Chorizo Salad
Make up the base of this salad and take it to the bbq. Finish off the grilling and toss together for a delicious warm salad. it is not always easy to write a recipe for a salad. So add or subtract some of the flavourings to taste. You may like more or less lemon or maybe you prefer green olives?
- 1/4 piece preserved lemon rind chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 60 ml olive oil 3 Tablespoons
- 40 ml lemon Juice 2 tablespoons
- 20 ml balsamic 1 Tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 cups barley cooked
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 large Zucchini or 2 medium ones sliced into rings
- 125 gm tomatoes 1/2'd mixed cherry, 1/2'd
- 1 chorizo sausage sliced into rings
- 50 gm Goat cheese or feta
- 1/4 bunch chives chopped
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl: preserved lemon, smoked paprika, olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic, sugar and salt. Using a whisk or a fork, whisk the dressing together well till emulsified then mix in the barley and set aside. Add the olives cut tomatoes and chives. don't stir in just leave till later.
Toss the zucchini and sliced chorizo in a little olive oil and sear on the BBQ. Add these to the salad bowl and toss gently.
Put onto a platter or into a bowl and break cheese over the top