Blue Cheese, Walnut and Persimmon salad
This is a great Salad to make as part of a BBQ or with other cheeses. It's a nice way of serving blue cheese. Its pretty freestyle. Persimmons will also work with semi hard and gruyere cheeses
- 200 gm blue cheese. crumbly , I used Stilton
- 4 slices sour dough bread cut into cubes
- 60 ml olive oil 1/4 cup
- 1 whole persimmon chopped
- 100 gm walnuts
- 2 sprigs Baby basil sorrel or baby rocket leaves
- 5 gm salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic aged or sweet
Oven temperature 180 C or 350 F
Cut and toss the bread cubes in some olive oil and salt and pepper and bake till golden.
Cool. Then crumble the blue cheese.
Toss all of the ingredients together just before eating. Dress with a little olive oil and balsamic