Honey Lemon Chicken and Cashews
This packs a real flavour punch and it's so easy and good for you. Once you chop the ingredients, this comes together in no time at all. It's great with rice or noodles.
Chop all the ingredients before you start to cook
- 500 gm chicken thigh fillets trimmed and sliced into fingers
- 1 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 gm onion diced
- 150 gm capsicum diced
- 1 piece ginger walnut sized ginger grated and separated into 2 lots
- 1/2 bunch coriander chopped
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 100 gm roasted cashews
- 1 Tablespoons chilli sauce I used Linghams it's nice and hot and just a bit sweet
- 1 Tablespoons Soy Sauce I used gluten free
- 60 ml lemon Juice 1/4 cup
- 60 ml water or broth, 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey or 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornflour
Put the sliced chicken into a bowl with 1 crushed clove of garlic, 1/2 the grated ginger and the oyster sauce and stir well. Set aside to marinate if you have time.
Mix the lemon juice, water, chilli sauce, soy sauce, honey (or sugar) with the cornflour and mix till combined
Heat a very large non stick fry pan or high sided pan till very hot and add the oil. Then the chicken. Cook till browning approximately 5 minutes then add the extra crushed garlic and ginger and the onion.
Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes longer till the onion starts to soften but not brown.
Next add the capsicum and stir vigorously. Add the sauce liquid and bring to the boil. This should take 5 minutes.
Stir in the cashews and coriander and turn the heat off.
Serve with rice.