BBQ Snapper Miso, Sesame and Kewpie
A quick cooking BBQ Snapper meal that will feed two/ four with salad and sides. It's easy and quick.
- 1.2 kg Snapper approximately cleaned and scaled
- 2 tablespoons white miso 1 Tablespoon darker miso
- 60 ml Soy Sauce Japanese or light soy (3 tablespoons)
- 60 ml lime juice 3 tablespoons
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 40 mls honey or maple syrup, l 2 tablespoon
- 40 ml Sesame oil 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup chilli sliced
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 20 ml sesame oil extra, 1 tablespoon
- 100 gm kewpie mayonaise
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
Mix the ingredients for the marinade together (reserving the squeezed lime halves)
Lay down the baking paper and the foil and put the fish on top.
Splash the inside of the fish with marinade and pop the limes inside. Wipe the fish outside and put extra underneath.
Fold the paper up around the fish and put it directly onto the BBQ. My BBQ temperature is 200 C with the lid down. I put it onto the bar grill plate and close the lid. Use a timer (or your phone) to time 10 minutes. Then flip the fish carefully by sliding an egg slice underneath and guiding it over with tongs.
Tuck the foil around the fish again and leave with the lid lowered for another 10 minutes. Slide the fish onto a flat tray.
To serve the fish slide a eggflip under the fish and slide it off the foil onto a dish. Cover with he toasted sesame seed, chopped chilli and squiggle wit Kewpie Mayo. add fresh coriander.