Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Make this cake from grated carrot and you will have a beautiful moist cake. Make this cake in the vitamix and you have a moist cake with hidden vegetables. This recipe uses Australian cup measurements
- 4 whole eggs 70gm
- 310 ml oil 11/4 cups
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 300 gm sugar can be brown and white mixed
- 300 gm carrot grated, 3 cups or for the blender method 4 medium carrots rough chopped
- 120 gm gluten free flour
- 100 gm almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder gluten free
- 2 teaspoons bi carbonate of soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 100 gm chopped nuts!
- 250 gm cream cheese
- 125 gm butter softened
- 200 gm icing sugar sifted ( add more for a sweeter icing)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ml lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon very fine zest
For the old method
In the bowl of a mixer (or by hand) mix all of the wet ingredients (eggs, oil, sugar) except the carrots and nuts. When the eggs and sugar are well combined with the oil mix in the grated carrot.
Add the dry ingredients and stir well till the mixture is combined. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake.
Bake for 60 minutes . Test by using a skewer. When it comes out of the middle clean the cake is cooked. If not return to the oven for up to 30 minutes. You may need to cover the top with foil.