Pizza Meatball Dip
Perfectly good for family or friends and so easy it will surprise you.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 500 gm Pork Mince / Lean ground Pork
- 50 gm Japanese Bread Crumbs light fluffy crumbs/ 1 cup
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 large Egg / beaten
- 100 gm Feta / Danish creamy style
- 2 teaspoons Oregano dried or ground
- 1/4 cup parsley or basil chopped
- 1000 gm Pasta sauce (That's 2 jars!! nice thick pasta sauce)
- 150 gm Grated Cheese -use cheddar or mixed parmesan/cheddar/mozzarella
This recipe will make approximately 18-20 balls
Set the oven to 200 C / 400 F
Find an oven proof dish.
Now in a bowl add the Pork, garlic, egg, crumbs, herbs and spices and the crumbled feta. Mix well with your hands till combined. Approx 5 minutes.
Take equal sized pieces of meat and roll into balls. The mixture should make 28-30 balls. Put each ball into a (serving) baking dish that will take them all in a single layer.
Pour over 2 jars of pasta sauce and cover the top with cheese.
Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes ( test one ball if you like to make sure it is hot right through)
Serve with toothpicks, lettuce cups and bread.
Make sure you use a thick pasta sauce and NOT passata (tomato puree), this is too runny. Apart from that go for it!
PS. Don't add salt the feta provides enough.
Make this gluten free by using gluten free beadcrumbs