Tray Baked Green Curry Chicken is so easy and only uses one tray. what could be better than that?
I didn’t set out to make a Tray Baked Green Curry Chicken . My aim was to cook something for dinner in this dish.*
The last thing I made in it was Lasagna for Skater, just before I went on holidays and left him at home by himself. We divided it up into about 6 huge squares and froze it so that he would have something to eat on his long lonely weeks at home (I know you are thinking, he probably enjoyed his time batching, and you are right).
As it turns out this Baked Green Chicken Curry is a good hands off way to cook dinner if you are busy . Think of all of the things you can do while dinner is baking and cooking all by itself.
The idea is to make a big green curry milk shake, mix the chicken and vegies into it and bake for an hour. Done. Rice or even 5 minute vermicelli rice noodles are perfect with this.
Just remember the coriander you use must be fresh. When you crush a leaf or stem you should be able to smell that lemony coriander goodness. Fruit and vegetable specialists or Asian stores are the best place to get coriander. I never buy coriander that doesn’t pass the smell test because it tastes like old soap and doesn’t add that zingy flavour. Use the entire well washed, roots soaked bunch.
- 1.2 kg Chicken boneless skinless thigh fillets) (or 10)
- 1 bunch coriander cleaned washed including roots, stems and leaves- Supermarket bunches are very small if you must use these, use 2
- 3 whole green chillies de-seeded
- 1 piece ginger grated (a very large thumb sized)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 40 ml fish sauce 2 Tablespoons
- 40 ml lemon Juice 2 Tablespoons (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flaked, or 1/2refined
- 225 gm Bamboo shoots 1 can/ drained they are crunchy and add flavour
- 12 ears baby corn . The miniature fresh kind that need no peeling
- 1 whole red capsicum sliced into 8 thick slices
- 150 gm onion sliced into thin strips
- 400 ml coconut cream (1 can )
*The Pyromax heat resistant borosilicate glass tray (30 cm x 24.5 cm) was supplied by
Maxwell and Williams and thisismango.com.au
Tray baked Green curry chicken appeared first on My Kitchen Stories