Tray Baked Chicken Satay
A couple of weeks ago I banged out a tray baked Green Chicken . It was such a good idea that I wanted to explore the idea more.
Sometimes I don’t want to stand over the stove. I don’t want to stir and add, or fuss around, I just want dinner to cook itself…. and that’s just what this idea is about. Imagine the best Chicken Satay and then imagine it baking all by itself. Yep Tray baked Chicken satay!
I had a bit of a run on the peanut butter last week, making a couple of recipes. Do you like peanut butter? I love the roasted crunchy stuff the best. You could use any peanut butter you like, crunchy or smooth, but for this I like all the crunchy little bits in the sauce.
Give this a try.
- 2 kg Chicken drumsticks or 2 boneless thigh fillets 10-12, fat trimmed
- 400 ml coconut milk 1 can
- 125 ml chicken stock 1/2 cup
- 120 gm peanut butter crunchy 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste lemon juice for substitute
- 80 ml sweet soy sauce Ketchup Manis-4 Tablespoons
- 60 ml Soy Sauce light or tamari (3 Tablespoons)
- 50 gm ginger grated ( or approx 3 Tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 40 ml lemon Juice 1/2 a lemon
- 1 bunch coriander well soaked and cleaned. Chop the roots and stems and reserve the leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
Tray Baked Chicken Satay appeared first on My Kitchen Stories