Delicious Tiny Goat Curd, Quince Marzipan Pies
Pies are one of my favourite foods. Particularly apple pie, but give me any pie and I’d be happy.
This little free form pie is made with quince and marzipan, an almond paste. If you don’t have almond paste or don’t like it, you could skip it but it really adds is a beautiful flavour here.
I would serve this as a cheese course or afternoon snack. It has Goat Curd cheese, quince and almond, a classic combination and great savoury sweet mixture.
If you cant find goats curd use ricotta.
If Quinces aren’t in season use another poached fruit such as Peaches, Apples, Apricots or Plums or you could play with Pear and Cheddar cheese.
- 200 gm plain flour 7oz
- 30 gm caster sugar 1½ tablespoons
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 gm butter cold,cut into cubes (3.5oz)
- 60 ml iced water 3 Tablespoons or less
- 100 gm Marzipan almond paste,
- 125 gm Goats Curd Woodside / meredith,
- 1 whole quince Cooked approximately ¼ per tart
- 1 whole Egg beaten
- 30 gm caster sugar 2 tablespoons
Goat curd , delicious light goat cheese. Whats your favourite goat cheese?
If you haven’t cooked quince look here