Strawberry Meringue Ice Cream Sandwiches with chocolate and strawberry salad
When strawberries are cheap and the weather is warm I like to make these Strawberry Jelly Meringues with no churn Vanilla Ice cream. They make the perfect Ice cream sandwich. Serve them to a crowd . It’s a completely make ahead dessert and perfect for Barbeques and outdoor times because they are hand held.
So here is a recipe that you can tuck away for a summer weekend. The meringue will surprise you, it is quite versitile and tastes a bit like a cheats version of freeze dried strawberries. The delicious Vanilla Semi freddo or ice cream is made without a machine. make it, freeze it then go back and cut out the rounds and refreeze for serving. all ready to go in a flash.
- 2 egg whites
- 2 x 26 gm packets of low sugar/ sugar free jelly or just under 2 ounces) 52 gm approx
- 6 Tablespoons of sugar
- 4 large eggs if very small use 6
- 200 gm cater sugar 1 cup
- 80 ml water 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 600 ml cream beaten to soft peak
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce your favourite or home made
- in berries season
Here are some of the cakes I made this week