Sticky Pork Scotch Fillet is so good with this special Raw Sweet and Sour. All you need to do is marinate the Pork and serve it with this stunning salad. Just add rice.
Odds are it isn’t summer where you are, but you could still BBQ this Sticky Pork Scotch Fillet because it will make your day. Well ok if it is too cold outside you can cook it on the stove top in a grill pan. I have teamed it with quite a tropical inspired salad that will change your mind about sweet and sour.
Here in Sydney the summer onslaught of heat has just begun with smokin’ hot 35 C days (95F). I sure don’t mind because I love summer, but it can get a little trying at dinner time, don’t you think?
Last week when I was on a little beach break there was a strange turn in the weather that saw a 35 C day turn into a cold and rainy one right in the middle of a family hike. To be honest there were a few clouds when we set out. I always carry a camera with me and I didn’t want to take any chances so I also took a large umbrella and asked my sister to take hers too. I kind of felt a little silly with my large brolly just up until the first raindrops started. Stranded on a headland during a down pour with 10 other people and two umbrellas is really quite funny, oh that is unless you have to shield your camera from the storm. It was cosy under those umbrellas. Lucky we like each other
We shuffled our way to a beach side shelter where we laughed a lot until the rain subsided. Then we went out to lunch in our wet clothes. It was fun. Mother nature can surprise us at times, and so can my brain.
This Pork Scotch Fillet is marinated. It is really nice marinated over night but if you are short of time give it as long as you’ve got. The raw sweet and sour is extra good at this time of year as the pineapple is so sweet, but if you find that your pineapple is a bit too sour then add an extra tablespoon of honey.
Sticky Pork Scotch Fillet & raw Sweet and Sour delicious BBQ food.
- 6 Pork scotch Fillet steaks 1 1/2 thick
- 120 gm Palm sugar you can use honey too- approx 2 heapedbut palm sugar tastes best
- 125 ml Ketchup Manis Sweet Soy Sauce 1/2 cup
- 80 ml fish sauce 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon star anise ground
- 20 ml lime juice 1 tablespoon, 1/2 lime
- 40 gm honey 2 tablespoons
- 40 ml rice wine vinegar
- 10 ml fish sauce 2 teaspoons
- 500 gm Pineapple slices and cored (1 small)
- 100 gm Spanish onion peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups Lebanese cucumbers / 2diced skin on
- 150 gm red pepper diced, 1 cup
- 30 gm chopped pink Japanese pickled ginger 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 bunch coriander cleaned chopped
Like sweet and sour?. Try this recipe too. One Pot Sweet Sour Lime Chicken
The rain and all of us under two umbrellas
Waiting it out