You can make this with any lightly Smoked Ocean Trout or even Salmon . Pineapple and chilli work very well with the smokiness of the fish.
I love fish or any seafood, but I dont get to eat it often enough. Lightly Smoked Ocean Trout is the perfect solution . Why, because it lasts for days.
I ate this Ocean trout broken up through salad, I stood at the kitchen bench and sliced glistening slivers straight from the side, I even cut some into tiny squares and tossed it into a broth with noodles. After all these delightful fish meals I had one beautiful piece left.
This Petuna Trout has the skin on. This means it stays firm and it can be sliced into whatever size or shape you want.
The sweet salty flavour of this trout is the perfect base for an Asian inspired salad. This one contains grilled pineapple, fennel and chilli. The whole recipe takes approximately 10 minutes.
- 2 pieces Ocean Trout / Salmon 150-200 gm each
- 1 small cucumber lebanese, cut into ribbons
- 1 small bulb fennel or 1/2 a large one
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- 100 ml lemon Juice or lime
- 30 gm caster or palm sugar
- 40 ml fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
What is your favourite food?