Salted Caramel Chocolate cheesecake snack are perfect for parties. Make them in little disposable containers or tiny teacups and hand them out at the end of the party.
Its like a tiny cheesecake with caramel on the bottom a chocolate cheesecake filling and some crunchy crumbs on top. I made savoury and sweet ones for a party.
The savoury were made with whipped feta a real favourite of mine, then pumpkin roasted in lemon oil. Semi dried Italian cherry tomatoes in olive oil, crisp prosciutto and a sprinkling of Dukkah shortbread crumble.
There is an endless amount of ideas you could pull together for a party using these little dishes.
So back to the mini cheesecakes. This recipe still makes a party sized amount of around 24.
Make Caramel sauce here.
Make 1/2 the salted caramel recipe and pour a little into each glass. Let this cool and set.
Salted Caramel Chocolate cheesecake snack
- 125 ml cream thickened (1/4 cup) (whipping cream to 35%)
- 250 gm cream cheese 8oz
- 200 gm chocolate dark
- 40 gm caster sugar 2 large Tblsp
- 20 gm cocoa Dutched dark powder, 2 Tablespoons
- 40 ml water hot (2 Tablespoons)
- 150 gm plain biscuits like Granita or approximately 1/2 packet
- 40 gm brown sugar 1/4 cup
- 40 gm sugar caster
- 30 gm plain flour 3 Tablespoons
- 25 gm almond meal 1/4 cup
- 65 gm butter softened
- Follow the recipe for the caramel. Pour into each cup or container and let it set. Melt the chocolate and cool slightly
- Mix the cocoa with the warm water.
- Put the cream cheese, cream, sugar, chocolate and cocoa into a food processor and blitz till smooth.
- Pour or squeeze into the cups with a disposable piping bag, filling the containers or glasses leaving a little room at the top for crumbs.
- Next make a Crumble, the one you are making is a cross between crumbs and crumble. If it seems too dry add a little more butter.
- Heat the oven to 180C or 350F
- Put the biscuits into the food processor and break up. Add the flour, almond meal, sugar and butter to the processor and blitz. Pour into a bowl and press together a little to get some random lumps. These are nice for texture.
- Pour onto a lined tray. Then bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool down
- Sprinkle onto the top of each cheesecake. Decorate with extra chocolate or chocolate garnishes or praline like I did
Decorate with extra chocolate or chocolate garnishes or praline like I did