Salted Caramel Chocolate cheesecake snack are perfect for parties. Make them in little disposable containers or tiny teacups and hand them out at the end of the party.
Its like a tiny cheesecake with caramel on the bottom a chocolate cheesecake filling and some crunchy crumbs on top. I made savoury and sweet ones for a party.
The savoury were made with whipped feta a real favourite of mine, then pumpkin roasted in lemon oil. Semi dried Italian cherry tomatoes in olive oil, crisp prosciutto and a sprinkling of Dukkah shortbread crumble.
There is an endless amount of ideas you could pull together for a party using these little dishes.
So back to the mini cheesecakes. This recipe still makes a party sized amount of around 24.
Make Caramel sauce here.
Make 1/2 the salted caramel recipe and pour a little into each glass. Let this cool and set.
- 125 ml cream thickened (1/4 cup) (whipping cream to 35%)
- 250 gm cream cheese 8oz
- 200 gm chocolate dark
- 40 gm caster sugar 2 large Tblsp
- 20 gm cocoa Dutched dark powder, 2 Tablespoons
- 40 ml water hot (2 Tablespoons)
- 150 gm plain biscuits like Granita or approximately 1/2 packet
- 40 gm brown sugar 1/4 cup
- 40 gm sugar caster
- 30 gm plain flour 3 Tablespoons
- 25 gm almond meal 1/4 cup
- 65 gm butter softened
I added a chocolate biscuit straw but you could add Maltezers or chopped Tim Tams or any other chocolate you like
Decorate with extra chocolate or chocolate garnishes or praline like I did