This easy and totally delicious Salmon Tray bake was inspired by Jamie Oliver. It’s unusual and as a sweet potato lover I am completely in love with it. All you need is a nice salad and if you like some rice. I have to admit I double carbed it and ate it with brown rice.
You can make all of this dish in the oven ( bar the accompaniment). Salmon is becoming such a staple that I figured we need as many ways to cook it as possible. One of the reasons it is so good is because it’s quick. This recipe does require a bit of oven time at first but it can be left to do it’s thing while you go away and do yours. Set a timer on your phone to get the fish just right.
Scale it up to feed heaps of people too. It would make a great serve yourself dish for a crowd. I’ve added chilli as a garnish but I think if you chopped up a chilli and added it to the lime and soy sauce it would be even better. I was kind of hoping my fussy eater might go for it. he ate the sweet potato and left the salmon. Such a disappointment!
So here’s the video and recipe for Salmon Tray bake with Soy and Lime
Salmon Tray Bake Sweet Potato, Soy and Lime
- 4 pieces Salmon
- 500 gm sweet potatoes orange, thick sliced (2 )
- 60 ml Lime or lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- 40 ml Soy Sauce 2 Tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon ginger 20 gm, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 whole lime leaves
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 125 ml stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Set the oven to 180 C / 350 F
- Cut the sweet potatoes 2 cm or 3/4 inch thick
- Toss the potatoes in a little oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Put them in a single layer if possible in a baking casserole or tray . Bake sweet potatoes for 30 minutes till just soft.
- Mix the lemon, soy, honey, ginger, garlic, coconut, stock and cornflour and whisk together. When combined add the sliced lime leaves and pour over the potatoes in the baking dish
- Put the fish on top of the sauce and potatoes and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Bake for 20 minutes (180 C). Use a timer so the fish doesn't over cook. 15 minutes for fan a forced oven
- Serve with chopped chilli, sliced green onions and coriander