A completely delicious and quick weeknight meal that looks like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen?. Yes please. Roasted Pineapple Chilli salsa Pork is my new favourite!
This is quick and easy. The only secret here is to make sure you don’t overcook the pork. I follow the timing rules when cooking these steaks and they are always perfect. Yours will be too. Trust me. So easy, you’ll be laughing all the way to the dinner table.
Roasted Pineapple, Chilli Salsa Pork Steaks is sort of the little sister to a full blown sweet and sour. Think of it like the better behaved healthier version that requires no cornstarch or tomato sauce.
I am a lover of coriander. If you are not we can still be friends but it just means your salsa will not have the same lip smacking punch of flavour as mine. Coriander is my favourite herb.
Risoni makes such a great rice substitute and covers the adage in my house that pasta goes with everything ( BTW it’s not me that thinks that). Tossing the risoni in just a little bit of the salsa dressing really helps to bring out the flavour and tie the two together.
The best thing about this is that the Pineapple once grilled becomes sweet and caramelised and that’s why you don’t need to add lots of extra sugar. How do I make it without adding tomato sauce or canned pineapple juice?. Well just by making a simple light completely delicious salsa.
I really wanted to cook it on the BBQ just because there was a tiny hint of summer outside but in a first for me, I ran out of gas and had to make the lot on a grill pan on the stove top. So the option is there to make this on the BBQ if you want smoky hints of flavour. Follow the 6-2-2 method to get the juiciest most delicious steak that takes only 8 minutes to cook.
Maybe you can try this one pot recipe for Balsamic Pork Steaks too. Let me know how you go. OK?
- 4 Pork steaks boneless loin
- 300 gm risoni 2 cups
- 6 cm slices of pineapple 1/ 1/2 inch thick approximately 1/2 pineapple
- 1 cup of finely diced Lebanese cucumber 1-2
- 1 large red onion sliced into quarters
- 1 bunch of well washed coriander- roots and stems included
- 1 red chilli seeded and chopped
- 60 ml fish sauce 3 tablespoons
- 60 gm sugar 3 Tablespoons
- 120 ml lemon Juice ( about 2 large lemons 6 tablespoons )
- 1 clove garlic
- 80 ml olive oil 4 tablespoons
- 4 pieces of broccoli or any other green vegetable you like