This is the perfect salad to serve warm. There is nothing better than soft sweet Pumpkin paired with Haloumi
Winter and salad can go hand in hand. So does this warm Pumpkin and Haloumi Salad
This salad is so simple. its taste and beauty lie in its very few ingredients. serve it with pretty much anything and it will cosy up and make a great partner. The spritely salad dressing brings it together.
I don’t like a fiercely chilled salad so this salad eaten warm from cooking is really my idea of heaven. Plus, add some haloumi to ANYTHING, and you have a party.
So make it for eating straight away. Cooked haloumi really needs to be eaten warm. Its is great with a chicken schnitzel or a steak or any slow cooked meat. If it happens to be Meatless Monday then have it with an eggplant steak or some cauliflower couscous.
- 1 kg pumpkin peeled and large diced ( tablespoon size)
- 60 ml olive oil 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 gm black pepper a good grind
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 100 gm pepita seeds or about 1 cup
- 1/4 preserved lemon very finely sliced
- 250 gm haloumi cheese thick sliced 1 x packet
- 1 cup mixed herbs ( parsley chives, coriander or basil) a combination of these
- 60 ml olive oil 1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar or honey
- 30 ml white vinegar or red wine vinegar or white balsamic 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon preserved lemon minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt