I have got something special for you here. I mean really, who wouldn’t want a Pizza Meatball Dip? Cheesy hot pizza tasting meat balls will have you wondering why you never thought of this before. Better still it’s easy.
I wanted to make you something really easy to make when you have a few people over, or even when you don’t. Friday night in front of the TV?
Yep, I got you. Pizza Meatball Dip.
There’s a few positives about this Pizza Meatball Dip recipe, besides the fact it tastes good…….
For a start you can eat it with toothpicks or a fork. Your choice.
Pick up those little Pizza Meatballs and wrap them in lettuce. Too healthy?
OK. Wrap them in flat bread, garlic bread, gluten free bread…… whatever you like.
You can also do what I did when I found myself with three trays of these. Boil some pasta and serve them mixed into that, because they make a great pasta sauce too. There no limit to these! Make the meatballs smaller if you like too so they are tiny and bite-sized. They are really cute as tiny little toothpick morsels.
All you need is a few everyday ingredients and you have it. Add anything you want to yours, for example you could add loads more cheese on top! Mozzarella would make it pretty nice if you like that long stringy pizza feel. You could also add chilli or more herbs. It’s really up to you. I am thinking you could also put the entire (oven proof) tray onto the BBQ and cook it outdoors too. I use a nice presentable dish so it goes from oven to table– less washing up.
Here’s the video, just to give you an idea how easy this is.
- 500 gm Pork Mince / Lean ground Pork
- 50 gm Japanese Bread Crumbs light fluffy crumbs/ 1 cup
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 large Egg / beaten
- 100 gm Feta / Danish creamy style
- 2 teaspoons Oregano dried or ground
- 1/4 cup parsley or basil chopped
- 1000 gm Pasta sauce (That's 2 jars!! nice thick pasta sauce)
- 150 gm Grated Cheese -use cheddar or mixed parmesan/cheddar/mozzarella
- This recipe will make approximately 18-20 balls Set the oven to 200 C / 400 F Find an oven proof dish.
- Now in a bowl add the Pork, garlic, egg, crumbs, herbs and spices and the crumbled feta. Mix well with your hands till combined. Approx 5 minutes.
- Take equal sized pieces of meat and roll into balls. The mixture should make 28-30 balls. Put each ball into a (serving) baking dish that will take them all in a single layer.
- Pour over 2 jars of pasta sauce and cover the top with cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes ( test one ball if you like to make sure it is hot right through)
- Serve with toothpicks, lettuce cups and bread.
PS. Don't add salt the feta provides enough. Make this gluten free by using gluten free beadcrumbs