This Peppered D’Affinios Cheese and Cauliflower soup is amazing. If you are actually lucky enough to have a piece of this French creamy Peppered D’Affinois cheese, you may not want to make soup out of it but I can tell you it is something you wont forget in a hurry. I had a big piece so I used it making a cauliflower cheese soup. That’s quite decadent but I was given it at work, in fact I wrote this recipe especially for work but I wanted to share it with you because it is so good.
It’s quite simple and really you can make this soup with any soft or creamy cheese like a triple cream or soft brie style. but it must have some flavour. You could even add a bit of blue cheese if you love that. There aren’t really any rules so use what you have.
This recipe makes a perfect cocktail party canape, or small starter. I find it handy to make the soup base first (even the day before), then add the stock or cream when it is time to serve.
- 1 whole cauliflower approx 1 kg, chopped into tiny pieces
- 150 gm onion diced
- 20 gm butter
- 400 ml chicken stock used for base
- 200 ml chicken stock used to finish
- 200 gm Pepper Fromage d’Affinois or brie or another full flavoured triple cream cheese
- 100 ml cream
- 5 gm Salt and white pepper to taste
- 6 slices Pancetta