You can get your Peanut Butter fix without turning the oven on when you make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars. So simple it’s criminal.
Once I open that jar of crunchy peanut butter it’s hard to stop eating it. It makes me crave sour dough toast with peanut butter and honey. Heaven help me if I ever come across a jar of Reese’s peanut butter chocolate spread that I have seen while poking about the internet, because there is every possibility I could explode. So, as I told you in my post last week, when I was making that rather snazzy Chicken Satay tray bake, I decided my own version of chocolate and peanut butter bars was in order.
Now this no bake peanut butter chocolate slice/ bar is certainly nothing new and it is likely that you couldn’t say it was healthy but THIS version has very special qualities. Yes it has, it is not only a way to avoid turning on the oven, it also requires no special skills at all to make it, this is but this is still not what makes it different. These are Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate No Bake Bars. They were made entirely with my own selfish needs in mind. I had a few intolerants arriving to visit and an oven full of Chicken with Peanut sauce.
I added a few chia seeds to the mix as well just to add a bit more crunch and the perception of health ( how did that work?). It is easy to fool visitors. The best thing about this great old favourite slice is the fact that it keeps for a fair while. It is still an excellent old fashioned recipe but now it has a new gluten free life.
All you need to do is look around for some gluten free cookies. Rice cookies are perfect
Gluten Free No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 170 gm icing sugar / powdered sugar
- 400 gm rice cookies gluten free , 2 pkts
- 250 gm crunchy peanut butter 1 cup
- 250 gm butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 gm dark chocolate chopped
- 40 gm butter extra
- Break up the rice cookies in a food processor or by crushing in a bag with a rolling pin.
- Put them into a bowl and mix with the powdered sugar and chia seeds
- Meanwhile put the peanut butter, and vanilla into another bowl and mix in the warm melted butter till combined Stir in the crushed biscuits mixture.
- Scoop into the prepared tin and push down till flat and even
- Melt the butter and chocolate ( I use the microwave on short bursts) till only just warm and melted together. Spread over the peanut butter mixture till smooth and even.
- Refrigerate till set
- Cut into even pieces with a sharp knife